Sport premium funding has been extended to 2020.
Schools should use the premium to:
• Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
• Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to*:
• Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
• Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
• Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
• Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
• Run sport competitions.
• Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
• Run sports activities with other schools.
*Correct at the time of print, area of focus may change.
NWActive has experience of sourcing additional funding for school and community projects, which have enabled further enrichment opportunities to be provided by ourselves or through our partners.
Examples have included cycling, walking, dance, fitness and multi activity projects at nursery, primary and secondary school level. These projects have attracted £80,000 of investment.
We offer a fully supported service to schools and community organisations including the preparation of funding bids and project management